Michelle tagged me with this a long time ago so here goes:
Four Jobs You’ve Had In Your Life
1. My first ever job I was about 13 and I bagged people’s purchases at the Base Exchange (BX), I then went on to shelve books at the library.
2. Programmes Assistant, BBC Sport. I did contracts and expenses, it was my favourite job that I’ve had, I left it to move here and get married.
3. Production Assistant on some tv documentaries. I liked this work too but it dried up which was a pity as it paid really well. I was also a Production Secretary on a feature film and the job totally sucked (as did everyone I worked with and the finished film) but as it paid more than I’d ever earned in my life I stuck it out).
4. General PA, Secretary, Admin etc positions. Learning to type at age 13 has fed me for many years. I’ve had some very odd temporary jobs in various cities around the UK, I typed patents, nautical surveyors reports, property details, personnel documents and I also worked for Faber and Faber for two days and spent one of them handing books to Seamus Heaney for him to sign, he did one for me and gave it to me, I’ve still not read it but I’ll never get rid of it!
Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over
You know, I’m not the type of person who watches stuff over and over, that would be my DH. If I like something I might watch it a couple of times and then I put it away for years and years before watching it again. I love Disney films (the oldies are the goodies) but I really can’t pick anything out of our huge collection that I would want to repeatedly view.
Four TV Shows You Love to Watch
2. West Wing
I can normally take or leave tv but there is the odd show that really grabs me and I get addicted. At the moment it’s Alias, although Season 5 is off to a really bad start for me, I hate it when something doesn’t live up to be as good as you thought it would be at the beginning. I adore Deadwood and can’t wait for more and West Wing we always find the money to buy as soon as it’s released on DVD and then spend a week watching 3 episodes a night! Before these programmes my favourites were Buffy and Angel (Angel more so than Buffy in the end).
Four favorite Books
1. To Kill a Mockingbird (although I’ve not read it in years)
2. To a God Unknown
3. East of Eden
4. My cookbooks
Four Albums You Can’t Hear Too Often
1. Son of Evil Reindeer – The Reindeer Section. This cd is in my cd player in the kitchen and I hear it almost every day, I also love Ya’ll Get Scared Now Ya Hear? but I can’t find my copy which is irritating.
2. A Storm In Heaven – The Verve. I bought Urban Hymns with everyone else on the planet and then went and bought the first 2 albums to find that they are actually a ton better than UH. This record is a Desert Island record for me.
3. The Cure – I’m copping out here and not picking something specific as I’ve been listening to The Cure for 20 years now, they were the first band I ever claimed as my own (I have older sisters so heard their music a lot). If I had to narrow it down it would be Pornography, The Top or Disintegration, can’t go any narrower than that though and my brain is screaming ‘but what about Faith and Seventeen Seconds and and…?)
4. Ani Difranco. Again I can’t really narrow this down, there is only 1 song that I don’t like (Amazing Grace, so it’s not actually her song anyway) sung by Ani, I own all but 1 album she’d done (I’m missing a collaboration with Utah Phillips) and always buy the new stuff as soon as I see it.
Four Places You Have Lived
1. Framlingham, Suffolk, England
2. Victorville, CA, USA
3. 2 tiny villages in Germany, it was West Germany when I lived there
4. London, England
Four Places You Have Been On Vacation
Well, I’ve travelled by car across the US twice, done a lot of Europe with my parents and seen a huge chunk of the UK so I’d hate to narrow it down to just 4 places…
Four Websites You Visit Daily
4. normally Blogger
Four Of Your Favorite Foods
1. Pizza (although since I’ve gone vegan not so much)
3. Sunday Lunch
Four Places You Would Rather be Right Now
1. Portland, OR
2. In Bed
3. In one of those little huts on stilts in the Caribbean
4. In a chalet in front of a fire with a warm drink, some knitting and blessed silence
Four People You’ll Tag
I think I’m probably the last person on earth to answer this…