I’ve had this old Kwik Sew pattern for a while yet so decided to give it a whirl and see how it came out.
I don’t know what the date is of this but the fact it has a 3 digit pattern number suggests it’s not that modern! The tracings that the original owner made from brown grocery bags was in the envelope, unfortunately we weren’t the same size though so I had to trace it for myself. I made the view with the lady with her arms in the air which has ribbing around the armholes.
This is the finished t-shirt made using some PRR striped jersey.
I actually worked at trying to get the stripes to match, usually I’m a little lax with my pattern placement when I’m cutting but this time I decided that as it would be noticeable that the stripes were off that I’d do my best to get them to work.
This is the front raglan seam.
Where it doesn’t match at all is on the back raglan seams. I have no idea how I managed to get 4 out of 6 seams to match, obviously I wasn’t paying as much attention as I thought I was! I did have to unpick a few times as the placement was just that teeny annoying bit off, but when it was close enough I let it be and moved on, afterall it was only a simple t-shirt that I will probably wear under a sweater or cardigan anyway!
Next up was a pair of Summer pyjamas for Piggle using the leftover Clown PRR jersey from the pair I made for Jim.
Very simple and quick using Kwik Sew Sewing for Toddlers in size T3. He loved these, unfortunately I think he’s only had the chance to wear them twice due to the cold nights since I finished them, but they should still fit him at at least the start of next summer so he’ll get some wear out of them!