Another knit off my WIP list, I actually finished this over a week ago but didn’t get around to taking pictures until yesterday. The pattern is Sirdar 8961 and the yarn is Wash n Wear Crepe in Amber. I just got bored with working on this as it was plain knit and rib, not very exciting but I pushed through and got it done.
I’m not all that in love with the finished product I have to say, but I guess that’s what you get for making a plain brown cardigan really! It’s will come in handy with some of my shirts so I’m sure I’ll wear it now and again but I’m not going to reach for it all the time, you win some you lose some! The buttons I’ve had for ages and actually had more than the 11 called for, nice to use them finally!
This is the cushion to go with Piggle’s quilt. When he saw Jim’s cushion he asked if he’d be getting one too so I couldn’t really not make it. I didn’t have much fabric left from a few of the prints so I had to use the linen on the front and back and make the smaller size but it’s pretty cute I think. He is very happy with it too which is all that matters really! The quilt should be dry tomorrow so hopefully it will be bright enough to get some good pictures of it, I’m extremely happy with the way it came out!
And finally, a simple iPod case for Jim.
I don’t know why it looks so wonky in the pictures because it’s really not! The pattern is a free tutorial from Sew Mama Sew and it was really simple, it literally took me half an hour from start to finish including cutting the fabric and arguing with my sewing machine (I seem to have done something to the bobbin casing when I was cleaning it out on Saturday and it keeps throwing fits). My machine found it hard to pull through the thickness of 4 layers of fabric and 2 of batting but I got there in the end. I had what I thought was nice fabric out for this but Jim dismissed it and picked his own, I think he did a good job as the green’s match almost perfectly! I got an off hand ‘thanks’ for this, I think he’s so used to me making him stuff now that he doesn’t see it as a big deal! The case is wide enough for the wings of his penguin cover to fit in and for the charging lead to fit in it too. I think I might make some more of these, one for my camera and maybe one for my Mum’s camera for Christmas using some Liberty fabrics that I have in some sort of patchwork. I will need to figure out what’s wrong with my machine first though, hopefully it’s nothing serious, it’s such a pain to have to deal with big nests of fabric and random changes in bobbin tension!
Back soon with the bunny quilt!